Get in one last meal on the grill before summer is officially over! Whether you’re outside firing up the barbeque or frying up a delicious dish from the comfort of your kitchen, this sauce is the boss. It has layers of flavor from the sweet hint of Dr. Pepper to spicy ancho chiles, finished off with your favorite rich coffee taste of GanoCafé Classic! Infuse your sauce with the healthy goodness of Ganoderma lucidum, without sacrificing a drop of flavor!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 ½ Tbsp tomato paste
- 6 oz Dr. Pepper
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp prepared GanoCafé Classic
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft and
translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20
minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Transfer sauce into a blender or food processor and puree. Alternatively, you can use an
immersion blender to puree in the saucepan. Set aside to cool.
- Serve on your favorite burger or sandwich!
Have an extra sachet of Classic?
Make a delicious seasoning using 1 ½ Tbsp of Classic with ½ Tbsp each of salt, paprika, brown sugar,
black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and ground coriander!
The ketchup and tomato paste found in BBQ sauce holds an amazing organic compound named lycopene which does wonder for your body. As an antioxidant, it is highly effective in scavenging free radicals. It has shown to help protect the body against damage and aging, benefiting the heart, skin, bones and more. Speaking of antioxidants, did you know Ganoderma lucidum contains more than 150 of them? It’s an incredible boost to promote your body’s best.