Chocolate Monkey Bites
We are delighted to share a delicious dessert that doubles as a fun-filled snack! Sandwich smooth peanut butter between nutritious banana bites, add a Ganoderma-enriched chocolate coating and freeze! It’s really that simple! The flavors of chocolate, peanut butter and banana make your tastebuds run in circles.
- 2 Medium Ripe Bananas
- ¼ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp GanoCafé Mocha
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each banana into thin slices and arrange half of the pieces on the baking sheet.
- Spread a dollop of peanut butter onto each banana slice, then top with another slice to create a sandwich. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes or until frozen.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high until it is melted, about 15 seconds. Using a spatula, stir in the chocolate chips. Microwave another 30 seconds on high and stir again. If you need to, continue with shorter 15-second intervals until mostly melted. Add your GanoCafé Mocha and stir to incorporate.
- Using a fork or spoon, dip each banana bite in the chocolate mixture and place back on the sheet. Freeze for at least one hour, and store any extras in the freezer for later.
Potassium, one of the many major nutrients found in bananas, is also an electrolyte! Electrolytes are charged ions that provide the body with electric currents it uses in all sorts of cell interactions. As an electrolyte, bananas can help your muscles recover from a workout, and work out more often! This helps you keep a proactive cycle of achieving a balanced, healthy lifestyle.